On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

> Keith Morse wrote:
>
> > Save your self some down time here and generate an up to date errata image
> > that contains the updates, and hence will be a part of the upgrade.
>
>     I'll look into this.  Thank you for the suggestion.
>

> > This is not correct.  I believe if the new sshd finds existing system
> > keys, it will not regenerate new ones.
>
>     You missed a key sentence in my post:
>
>          I need to perform a full OS upgrade (mainly because I'm more
>          comfortable doing that, than the usual Upgrade path)
>

> > Is this really and upgrade or an OS wipe and install?
>
>     Read above.

I suspect your interpretation of upgrade is different than mine.  So a
wipe and install it is.

files to be concerned with that I can think of:

/etc/hosts
/etc/exports
/etc/sendmail.cf or /etc/postfix/*
/etc/modules.conf
/etc/passwd
/etc/shadow
/etc/group
/etc/gshadow
/etc/ntp.conf
/etc/hosts.allow
/etc/hosts.deny
/etc/dhcpd.conf
/etc/named.conf
/etc/nsswitch.conf
/etc/resolv.conf
/etc/rdnc.key
/etc/sysconfig/*
/etc/sysctl.conf
/etc/syslog.conf
/var/name/*

Course the caveat is that these are only of concern if you've modified
them from their original form.   For ssh and keys, when host has new keys,
the worst that should happen is the connecting client will complain.  The user
will then need to remove the offending key from their individual
known_hosts file.