single user mode is normally reserved for root only. A lot of services just
aren't turned on by default. As root, you can just su to the user that you need
to be, for whatever reason. and, of course, as root, you can create the user
account, and password, using the GUI redhat-config-users, or if you are
restricted to console terminal mode, then useradd/passwd are your friends.
(the man pages for useradd is fairly thorough, if long).

-Greg

On 02-Jul-02 shyam wrote:
> hi friends
>
> I am using 7.1 ,i need to set a password for single user mode
> login, how do i ?
>
> shyam

E-Mail: Gregory Hosler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 02-Jul-02
Time: 16:07:52

     then each of us still has one object.
     then each of us now has two ideas.