my qmail sends all messages to the postmaster or whoever you specify on
my box, but only if the user does not exist on my domain.  Then I check
that box ever so often to see who's sending to the wrong address.

You will be surprised how many ISPs have a catchall mailbox!  One ISP I
did work for sent all these types of messages to techsupport staff of
all places.

jay