Hey there,

I'm trying to set up SMTP authentication for sendmail..I went to the
sendmail site to look how to do it..installing Cyrus-sasl, etc. I remembered
that I had installed the Cyrus-sasl RPM though when I installed RedHat 7.2,
so I jumped right to the step to see if SASL is in the output..

'sendmail -d0.1 -bv root | grep SASL'

I saw SASL in the output, double checked to make sure I could connect to the
server and use 'EHLO', and it all seems to be fine. However, when I use
Outlook or any email client to use my mail server as the SMTP server with
authentication, it always says the server doesn't support authentication. Do
I need to add those APPENDDEF lines to my sendmail.mc file? Thanks in
advance for the help,

Chet