On Wednesday 10 July 2002 8:52 am, Franky wrote:
> Any body know if I use three same brand name and model network card, why
> the OS (RH7.2) only see one?  The module only loads once.  If I use
> different brand name NIC, it works find.

When a module is loaded it goes looking for a card and when it finds one, it
stops.  To use more than one card, you need to tell the module where both
cards are.  The information required is the IO Address and the IRQ used.

These can be found by using the DOS util's disk diag progam that comes with
most cards, or if they're PCI cards by catting /proc/pci.

Then in the /etc/modules.conf where you will have something like (asuming
you're using the 'ne' module

alias eth0 ne

add the following

alias eth1 ne
options ne io=ioaddr1,ioaddr2 irq=irq1,irq2

There's also a way to do this using a GUI, but I can't remember how.

Gary Stainburn