> Thanks for info.  It's a Befsr41 router.  I've got the Block WAN Request
> enabled so I guess my home network is set up with a firewall.

Even without that enabled, you're still firewalled.  By default, the BEFSR41
(I've got the BEFSR81) disables all incoming traffic.  You need to
specifically enable incoming ports, one port (or range of ports) at a time
and direct them at an internal address.

You should remember to enable port 80 and direct it to a non-existent
internal host.  That disables any management from the outside.  If you
haven't done so, and left the default password alone, you're very
vulnerable.

    .../Ed

Ed Wilts
Mounds View, MN, USA