Hi,

I lost my X server from few days and I think it's
due to my /tmp and in other way /var files.
The maintenance system (tmpwatch) seems to had not
work correctly. I'd like to delete some files that
take space on my disk.
Someones told me to pass in runlevel 1 and then do
the suppression, other told me to take of it. Can I
erase all from /tmp ? And which kind of files can I
delete from /var.

For info, I got in /var/log/XFree86.0.log:
Could not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list!

Fatal server error:
Could not open default default font 'fixed'

I restart xfs using chkconfig at level 3 & 5,
turn to level 5 and then startx but it' always the same.

Ca someone lead me please ?
First I really want to see if the problem is due to /tmp,
sencond, I want to avoid the problem reoccuring.

Thank you,

bbsc
ism