I am having a limitations problem with groups.

The problem is I have a user account that needs to belong to about 50
groups. I seem to be running into a 32 group limitation, I add the user
to all the groups in the /etc/groups file but when I run the
/usr/bin/groups command the user is only in the 1st 32 groups. Think
this was just a groups bin problem I would su -  to that user and try to
access a file in group 41 for example - no luck - only the 1st 32 groups
work.

Is there anyway around this? Can I recompile some source to increase the
limits?

Thanks,
Matthew Dodson