On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 18:06, Joe Giles wrote:
> List,
>
> I am using the pam_mkhomedir.so to automatically creat home folders for users that
>log into SSH and Telnet. I am also using the WINBIND service to auth users on a Win
>NT domain. Now, this works great; the home folders are getting created like the
>should in the /home directory for DOMAIN users, but, I want to be able to have
>pam_mkhomedir.so create users that log in from a domain to automatically create their
>home folder in /home/<domain>/%U. Now, I dont mind creating the initial DOMAIN
>directories, but Im having trouble figuring out how to create the home folders under
>the DOMAIN folder. It always defaults to /home. The problem with this is that some of
>the LOCAL users on the Linux box have the same account name as the DOMAIN+user. So
>when the DOMAIN user logs in, it maps the home folder of the correct name, but there
>is a different set of permissions and they cant do anything. Is there any way to
>define how and where the home dir's gets created using the pam mod mkhomedir!
?

Can you please lower you're word wrap.

I have implimented exactually what u want at work with no problem.

First off  pam_mkhomedir.so cannot create subdirectorys.

Can you please post either to me personally  or to the list youre
smb.conf file (this controls the way winbind works)

Also I presume you have put pam_mkhomedir.so into each of the pam files
for telnet and ssh?
Other wise it will not create one for them (this is safer than doing it
system wide, as you are sort of restricting users to certain login
styles)

Mark

--
---
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;