script this,

On Friday July 26, 2002 03:24, you said something about:
> i've just installed a second hard drive, it's auto
> detected, etc.  i edited lilo.conf to be sure lilo is
> run from the master boot record of the master drive
> and to be sure lilo gives me the option to boot into
> w2k.
> then i issue the "lilo" command, and it says 'added
> linux    added win'.
>
> right?  then i shutdown -r now and hope for the best.
> i get the lilo menu with linux and win, i select win,
> and i get a 'loading windows' message but nothing
> happens....

Windows has the odd assumption that no one would want to run another OS and
that it should always be the first drive. So you have to "trick" it by
remapping the bios parameters (see below).

<snip>

> and see lilo.conf:
>
> prompt
> timeout=50
> default=linux
> boot=/dev/hda
> map=/boot/map
> install=/boot/boot.b
> message=/boot/message
> linear
>
> image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.7-10
>     label=linux
>     initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.7-10.img
>     read-only
>     root=/dev/hda2
>     append="hdd=ide-scsi"
>
> other=/dev/hdb1
>     label=win

Try this instead...

other=/dev/hdb1
        optional
        label=win
        table=/dev/hdb
        map-drive = 0x80
        to = 0x81
        map-drive = 0x81
        to = 0x80

--
Brian Ashe                                                     CTO
Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]