I don't think you can mount iso images for an install on the same
machine, now if the iso's are in a different linux machine you can mount
those images, copy the files to the hard disk, and nfs share those
files,  that's the way I setup network installs when I have iso files.

If you mounted the iso and nfs shared it I'd expect you to have problems
when it's time for disk2, and 3.

Maybe boot the pc into rh rescue mode, mount and extract the files from
the iso's and then use a hard disk install.  I guess that depends on
what filesystems are currently on your disk.

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 12:03, R'twick Niceorgaw wrote:
> can some one help this newbie please ?
>
> I'm trying to setup a partition on which I have the iso images for redhat
> 7.3. After booting from the bootnet image floppy, Whatever partition and
> directory I'm giving is not working. I tried many ways .. like
>
> put the iso images on the root directory
> put them in a subdirectory
> put them under Redhat directory.
>
> Nothing seems to work.
> Is there a specific directory tree I need to build for a hard disk install?
> The installation manual is very vague regarding the directory layout for
> hard disk installations.
>
> The reason I'm trying to do this is to have an external USB harddisk store
> the iso images and then plug it into the machine where I want to isntall.
>
> Thanks for your kind help
> R'twick
>

> --
Jeff Bearer, RHCE
Webmaster, PittsburghLIVE.com
2002 EPpy Award Winner, Best Newspaper Website