I think this question is not so easy to answer as it might seem.  There
have in fact been some problems with LinxConf in the past, but in it's
defense I think that was more the case because there have been so many
changes in configuration files etc.... when you build a utility that
does as much as it does it can become cumbersome keeping up with the
development inherent in the different distros.  Case in point was the
shift from Redhat 6.2 to 7.0.  Does anyone not remember all the grousing
about Redhat's changes in 7.0??

I installed Linuxconf on 7.3 and it works great for me.  Have yet to
encounter an error.

Anthony