On Tuesday 20 August 2002 21:28, Sam Ockman wrote:

> I'm not really familiar with the problem, but you can absolutely
> slow down the halting procedure.
>
> It's simplay a bash file found at /etc/rc.d/init.d/halt...so go
> ahead and add more sleep commands (or increase the time of sleeps
> already found in it)...

The last line of the halt *script* is:

eval $command $HALTARGS

where, in case of a "proper" halt we have that command=halt and HALTARGS are
the options for the halt command. So adding some sleep command in the script
cannot help since the responsible of putting harddrives in standby mode
before poweroff is the halt *command*...

The "problem" should be in the halt *command* and not in the script...

Before modifing the /sbin/halt source code (!) I need some confirmation that
my "problem" is somewhat real and not the result of my natural paranoia... ;)

What do you think?

Thanks

--Tony