I've installed RedHat 7.2 and I don't seem to get FTP to work at all. I have
the ftp-server package installed and the wu-ftpd file "disable = no" option.
I also setup the hosts.allow file to except incoming connections and the
hosts.deny file has nothing inside. I also run the ntsysv command to make
sure that the ftp is running and also checked that from the chkconfig --list
command but every time I try to run FTP on  the machine in question I get:
ftp: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. It
sounds like I have a mis-configured file or something but I just can't think
of anything in particular. Any ideas??

I also commented out the line in  the ftpaccess file were it says "Don't
allow system accounts to login over FTP". I also disabled the ipchains by
using ipchains -I.