-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Vincent Santamauro
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2002 1:57 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Java completely non-functional?

Hello,

I'm running a fresh installation of RedHat 7.3, and it seems no
Java-based application will run.  Netscape 6's XUL-based panels all come
up blank, no applets will run, and I cannot run any JAR files because my
shell can't find a java executable.  Not only have I installed the Java
that came with Netscape, I also installed Sun's Java2 JRE 1.4
independently, and nothing works.  Any ideas?

TIA,
Vincent