Yup...BIND 9.x supports split views...you can have an internal and external
view of your domain...that is, for the internal network, your DNS spits out
one set of addresses, and for outside requests, another.

It's exactly how I'm handling the DNS for my domain, behind my firewall.

I think a google search for "BIND views" should get you the info you need.

Nick Lindsell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> At 09:07 06/09/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> >Actually, for the internal network, you're better using split horizon
> >DNS...also known as an itnernal view.
>
> etnlighten me?  :)
>
> I did look into using DNS to solve this (we have internal and external
> nameservers, so this was a strong possibility) but my brain melted
> halfway through. Is there an easy way?
>

> --

Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org