I'm trying to make the stock RH sendmail init script (/etc/init.d/sendmail) work
with my modified (and updated) version of sendmail, but I'm having some trouble.  I've
configured sendmail to work as an MTA and a submit agent, which basically means I run
two daemons.  However, the script was written for just one, so the startup and
shutdown sequence is slightly out of whack.

    For start up, I've change it to say:

daemon /usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-mta $([ "$DAEMON" = yes ] && echo -bd) \
                                    $([ -n "$QUEUE" ] && echo -q$QUEUE)

daemon /usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-msp-queue -Ac -q1m

    ...however, this pops up two [  OK  ] strings.

    For shutdown I haven't changed anything, and I noticed that the 'killproc
sendmail' line will only kill one of the daemons, not both.  Should I just duplicate
that line and have it run twice?

    Anyone have any adjustment suggestions for this?

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   .   303.442.6410 x130