On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

>     For shutdown I haven't changed anything, and I noticed that the 'killproc
>sendmail' line will only kill one of the daemons, not both.  Should I just duplicate
>that line and have it run twice?
>
>     Anyone have any adjustment suggestions for this?

Taking a look at /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions, killproc() calls another
function pidofproc() which uses "base=${1##*/}" as a pattern match for
id'ing the pid.  I'd think it would depend on the name of the pid file
that exists in /var/run/ and if pidofproc() would match it.  pidofproc()
does try to match and load each pid for each base name above.  It will
depend upon what "${1##*/}" expands to in the shell, of which I'm not
sure.  I'm still puzzling thru the "Mastering Regular Expressions" book by
O'Reilly and Associates.