On 24-Sep-2002 at 14:31:14 Furnish, Trever G wrote:
> Someone will probably correct me but I doubt you can do that.  The limit
> is probably server-side.

Oh rats, don't say that :-(

> You *can* however probably get the windows admin to export his directory
> for you into some format you can read, ldif or csv.

No, not really what we wanted. We want to extract the data from the server.
The idea is to have a program run via cron on a linux/Sun box which will
automatically extract all the data. This then gets 'massaged' by the program
for our own purposes.

I have already been told that the limit won't be raised on the server, so I
was looking for an alternative. One thought is that since we want all
'users' to be listed, then we simply create an ldap filter to get all users
who's name begins with 'a', then 'b', 'c', and so on. However, this seems a
very cumbersome way of what I thought was a simple request :-)

John.