Hi,

I am wondering if someone out there would be kind enough to provide me with a little bit of assistance here.

I have a RedHat 7.3 Server running an IDE drive (straight of motherboard) and would like to upgrade the drive to a SCSI. I have purchased a SCSI Controller Card (LVD U160) and a Seagate 18GB 10K U160 drive and can easily "ghost" the image to it.

The problem is i don't want to have to re-install Redhat and i am led to beleive Redhat will always try to locate the IDE drive and refuse to boot from the SCSI or will kernal panic.

Can anyone advise a way to force Redhat to always boot from the SCSI drive from now on after? Or will Redhat detect the card and begin booting from the SCSI device itself. The server is live so downtime must be kept to a minimum.

Greg Darby
Systems Administrator
Ramelec (SA) Pty Ltd
2 Ontario Avenue
Panorama  SA  5041

' Phone: +61 8 8374 2100
6 Fax: +61 8 8374 2102
)
Mobile: 0418 820 163
* Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This email and any attachment has been swept for the presence of known Viruses by
Ramelec's NTMail Virus Detection Systems.