On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 20:06, Patrick Beart wrote:
> Folks:
>
>       I'm taking a Linux Networking class at my local Community
> College, whose Web site and general Internet decisions tend to be
> poor. They've chosen a book for the course that may, or may not, be
> ideal.
>
>       Wondering what folks would recommend as possibly the
> "definitive" book on Linux Networking, or at the very least,
> everyone's top 3 choices. Special considerations for any tome that
> can be read and understood by a relative novice.
>
>       Any suggestions or staunch recommendations?
>
>       TIA

Not sure what you may have tried but for general networking I started
with the NET-2 or 3 howto I forget seems like it changed as I was trying
to get my head around it.

Looks like it is now just the NET howto

I would start perusing for network realted stuff at:
  http://www.linuxdocs.org/HOWTOs/HOWTO-INDEX/networking.html#NETGENERAL

I don't guess I have a treeware version of a general networking book I
do have the bind book by oriely and the DHCP book published by isc both
very good.

I bought a tpc/ip book way back when too but not sure where it is.

It will be interesting to see what other contribute.

Bret