hi,
i am a student learning networks.If you are intrested in the verbose stuff
the you can go through computer networks by andrew s tannenbaum.
If you are working with tcp/ip programming stuff and likes you can either
go through a book unix network programming by richard stevens.
there is a book by comer on networks programming.i is of grewat help when
designing a tcp/ip stack.
Regards,
BAlakrishnan Asish
On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Patrick Beart wrote:

> Folks:
>
>       I'm taking a Linux Networking class at my local Community
> College, whose Web site and general Internet decisions tend to be
> poor. They've chosen a book for the course that may, or may not, be
> ideal.
>
>       Wondering what folks would recommend as possibly the
> "definitive" book on Linux Networking, or at the very least,
> everyone's top 3 choices. Special considerations for any tome that
> can be read and understood by a relative novice.
>
>       Any suggestions or staunch recommendations?
>
>       TIA
>

> Patrick Beart

                 The Ultimate Inspiration is the Deadline
                                                          Nolan Bushnell
Asish Balakrishnan                         email-:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
2nd Year MCA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dept of Computer Science
University of Pune