PLease turn off HTML e-mail when sending to this list, or any mail list
for that matter.

>This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
>this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.
>
>------_=_NextPart_001_01C2643C.B13FF7D0
>
>Hi, I want to change a directory name in my linux box, so I tried
>"mv oldname newname" but it doesn't work. How can I do that?

But, it does work, if you have the permission to do so and it isn't a
mount point.

MB

>Regards,
>Freddy Chavez.
>
>------_=_NextPart_001_01C2643C.B13FF7D0
>
><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
><HTML>
><HEAD>
><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12">
><TITLE>change directory name</TITLE>
></HEAD>
><BODY>
>
><P><FONT SIZE=2>Hi, I want to change a directory name in my linux box, so I
>tried</FONT>
><BR><FONT SIZE=2>&quot;mv oldname newname&quot; but it doesn't work. How can I do
>that?</FONT>
></P>
>
><P><FONT SIZE=2>Regards,</FONT>
><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Freddy Chavez.</FONT>
></P>
>
></BODY>
></HTML>
>------_=_NextPart_001_01C2643C.B13FF7D0--
>

>--

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       It is God's job to forgive bin Laden.
                                It is our job to set up the meeting.
                                    U.S. Marine Corp.
Visit - URL: http://www.vidiot.com/  (Your link to Star Trek and UPN)