I'm installing RH7.2 on a Dell PowerEdge 1650 server. It's got a
dual-port Intel gigabit ethernet installed. Redhat installs fine and it
identifies the two nics as e1000's and loads the module. I'm testing and
installing it connected to a 100Mbit network jack. I add the following
line to /etc/modules.conf to force the card to 100/full duplex:

options e1000 Duplex=2,2 Speed=100,100

After rebooting, the messages show that the card is forced to 100/full.
The problem is that about 1 minute after touching the network the
adapter dies (that's about 100 pings or so). I'm thinking it might be
either the driver needs updating or the kernel needs updating. Has
anyone gotten 7.2 to work with an Intel e1000 successfully? Did you have
to do anything special?