[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have spent the better part of three days trying to reinstall red-hat on my
> systems and thought that I'd offer up some feedback to the people who design
> the installation tools for RedHat.  The reasons for the multiple installs
> are most likely hardware related problems, but I still haven't determined
> all of the issues.  I'll keep trying though...
>
> Here are some points:
>
> 1) I'd like to see an option that would place an install config file on the
> root filesystem during the install process, so that when the systems fails,
> I don't have to walk through the same 15 screens and check the same 15 items
> to get the process started again.

As the spagetti sauce commercial says: "It's in there!" - it's called
kickstart, and an installation leaves a script in the root account.  The
documentation includes data on setting up so you can use kickstart to do
multiple installations on the same or many machines.

best
    rickf

--
If you are successfull they'll beat a path to your doorstep ...
     Picket signs firmly in hand!