On 6 Oct 2002, Jonathan Gaudette wrote:

> Geforce2 64meg
>
> -Jon
>
> On Sun, 2002-10-06 at 01:41, Gerry Doris wrote:
> > On 5 Oct 2002, Jonathan Gaudette wrote:
> >
> > > Unfortunately I haven't gotten into WINE yet (although it is installed),
> > > nor VMWare.  I tried installing Unreal Tournament 2003 earlier, but get
> > > the following error message and don't know what to do.  I did a complete
> > > Red Hat 8 installation, installing everything
> > >
> > > Couldn't set video mode: Couldn't find matching GLX visual
> > >

> > > History:
> > >
> > > Exiting due to error
> > >

> > > Any ideas since you use it?  Figure it's worth a short asking.
> > >
> > > -Jon
> >
> > What video card are you using.  I had a problem on one of my systems with
> > an older nvideo card but it worked fine on a GeForce3.

I haven't yet installed RH 8.0.  I'm still running 7.3.  However, I have
been using the nvidia drivers successfully for a long time.  I always
install them from source rpms.

If you're going to do that then make sure you have a clean kernel source
installed, make the changes to XF86Config as described in the nvidia
website doc's (you did do that right?), rebuild the nvidia kernel source
rpm, install the new shinny rpm, and the GLX rpm.  You don't need to
rebuild the GLX rpm.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer