Dear redhat users:
I have a problem with my CDrom. I tried the following:
root@localhost kumar]# mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom
/mnt/cdrom
mount: /dev/cdrom is not a valid block device

My /etc/fstab
has the following (Initialy the cdrom had owner,kudzu
i removed them):
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3
 defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3
 defaults        1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts
 gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc
 defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs
 defaults        0 0
/dev/hdb5               swap                    swap
 defaults        0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom
iso9660 noauto,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto
 noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
~

Please explain what I need to do to get my CDROM to
work. In a previous install on the same m/c I had
CDROM working fine. Also during install it did not
have any problem. I have compaq5204 and RedHat 7.2.

Also the KDE control center shows in block devices
Device          Type  Size Mount point Free Full% Usage
/dev/cdrom      iso9660 n/a /mnt/cdrom

The hardware browser shows:
CD-ROm drives   compaq CRD-8322B
Device information:
manufacturer :unknown
Driver : ignore
Device: /dev/hdc

What should I do to fix the problem?
Please send message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thankyou
Kumar.