On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 21:23, Saul Arias wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 19:39, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
> > Okay, I know, check google and the docs, but I KNOW how to do this, at
> > least I did. How does one find out their systems IP info? I know it's
> > something like ipcfg or some such, but I can't remember atm.
>
> First, read this: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
> Second, I know the solution to your problem, but since you are a lazy
> parasite who wants the solution spoon fed to it, all the advice I'll
> give you is this: RTFM and STFW.

That pisses me off as I am sure it was supposed to.  One of the reasons
I stuck with linux back in the, RHL 4.5 or whatever it was, days was
because this list really did not have too much of this kind of crap.

I get irritated sometimes too but this is in my not at all humble
opinion over the top.

I am not sure if I have achieved parity in the number of questions asked
vs the questions I have answered but I get an awful lot of information
reading posts that have helpful replies that reduce the number of
questions that I have to ask when I get there.

We can remain civil and still get our point across don't you think?

I know I have asked questions when I was under the gun and needed help
from anywhere I could get it.

sheesh.

Bret