On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 18:21, Scott Bower wrote:

> My biggest rush to
> deployment was as a result of a major drive faltering and the fact that
> RH8.0 contained JFS which would allow dirty great archives...

What's a dirty great archive?

> not working and other things segfaulting preventing anything at all
> fingered salute would work). On booting, the system replayed fs journals
> and found them good however on automounting, something shit itself (read
> Core Dumped) and the entire mount process stopped.
> noauto in fstab to allow the bloody thing to work and found that these
> mounts worked fine when manually mounted (WTF!?!!).
> like random disappearing mozilla and things like that.

Given the wide range and sporadic nature of the problems you've had, I'd
say you were awful quick to stop considering hardware trouble.

Red Hat Linux 8.0 has, in my opinion, been the best .0 release I've seen
yet (used since 4.2, so I've seen 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0).  I've not had any
stability trouble with the final release; though I did during the last
beta, so I'm watching :)