On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, juaid wrote:

> but nobody has answered if you see any advantages from one or the other,
> besides the fact that with apt you can make a local repository...

You're missing the entire point. up2date only updates files provided by
Red Hat. apt-get will install or update 8,000+ packages *and their
dependencies* from any number of respositories.

http://freshrpms.net is an attempt to offer some of the features of apt
for rpm-based systems. Check it out if you like.

--
"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the
friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes."

                        - Holly, JMC Vessel *Red Dwarf*