On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 06:46, Chad Skinner wrote:
> Bret, thanks for the reply. I thought this worked on 7.3 as well, but I
> installed 8.0 on my laptop and cannot figure out what is going on. I have
> another computer in my office, that is 7.3 so I'll give it a try to see what
> happens.
>
> What version of SSH is on your machine.

I tried this on two machines.  The remote machines

[bhughes@compaq2 bhughes]$ /usr/sbin/sshd -V
sshd: option requires an argument -- V
sshd version OpenSSH_2.9.9p2

[bhughes@zenon bhughes]$ sshd -V
sshd: option requires an argument -- V
sshd version OpenSSH_3.1p1

the client on my laptop
[bhughes@bretsony bhughes]$ ssh -V
OpenSSH_3.1p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090602f

sudo on one of the servers (RHL 7.2):
[bhughes@zenon bhughes]$ sudo -V
Sudo version 1.6.3p7

is the DISPLAY variable set in the sudo environment?