Hi make if your trying to acheive voip try this company however I cannot guarantee it will be cheap www.teleware.co.uk

dbrett wrote:
I don't know the equipment involved, so what I am saying may not work.

The short answer to your question is it can be done (with the right
equipment)

I will explain how it can be done and hopefully, you can figure out how to
apply it.

The outside phone lines will come into one office.  They will connect to
gateway which will convert the incoming calls to ip.  Once this has been
done.  It is now possible to voip phone anywhere on the network and
configure it to work.  Which includes other offices.

The seccond way to do this requires more equipment.  This involves the
lines connecting to your pbx.  The pbx then has a connection to the voip
gateway wich connects to your other office and it will have another voip
gateway which will connect to pbx or some other similar device which has
the phones connected to it.

david