On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 02:35, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> That would be a great help
> <could you please post the Javascript code ;)>

here ya go.  Play with the settings in the window.open method calls to
arrange how you want.  This code was written to create windows with no
controls. simply remove the control=no statments to keep the controls.

this page should load the urls in the first parameter in new widows and
close itself leaving the new windows open.

 the canvas access required the prefs to allow the security access.
Probably not a good idea for a browser that will be used to access
untrusted sites.

It has been a couple of years since I researched an wrote this but if
you have any questions you can contact me off list and I will try to
help.

HTH

Bret

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>open browser windows </title>
</HEAD>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2">

/* This page is used to open a window with no controls

If a Javascript exception is generated with access denied exception,
check the prefs.js file for the user and make sure the following line
exists:

user_pref("signed.applets.codebase_principal_support", true);

*/

function windowOpener()

{
        /* open full screen window with no controls
        If already exists the open statment will gain a handle into the
existing window
        */

        netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("CanvasAccess");
        // change the first parameter in the open method to the url
        // you want.  this example uses a web url in the big window
        // and a file in the current directory in the smaller one
        displayWindow =
self.open("http://www.elevating.com","bigWindow","titlebar=no,screenX=-1,screenY=-1,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,menubar=no,width=1025,height=701,alwaysRaised=yes";);

        bottomWindow =
window.open("elevating.html","eleWindow","titlebar=no,screenX=-1,screenY=700,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,menubar=no,width=850,height=68,alwaysRaised=yes");

        // Not sure why this has to be there but it will not work
        // otherwise  Set to the same url as the other open statment
        // that refers to the window with the name bigWindow
        displayWindow =
window.open("http://www.elevating.com","bigWindow","titlebar=no,screenX=-1,screenY=-1,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,menubar=no,width=1025,height=701,alwaysRaised=yes";);

netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.revertPrivilege("CanvasAccess");
        self.close()
}

</SCRIPT>

<BODY onLoad="windowOpener()">

This page contains javascript that creates canvas  browser windows

</BODY>
</HTML>