I am connecting without any difficulty, so I suggest you have a look at
the firewall logs, prob in /var/log/messages and see where it is getting
blocked.
There could be any number of reasons/rules which are doing this and you
will need to find them and make corrections...

According to "up2date --configure" option 10, the default connection is
via https, port 443, tcp

Regards,
Peter