Mike Burger wrote:
>On Tuesday 29 October 2002 01:22 pm, you is done writ:

>> How it is possible to change the irq settings manually in RH 7.1 ?
>> Particularly I want to change the Sound card's irq.

>Depends on the sound card.  If it's a PCI based sound card, it's assigned
>its IRQ by the BIOS, at boot time.  All you can do, at that point, is
>manually tell the sound card driver what IRQ to use, making sure that it
>matches up with what the card's configured to use.

I don't feel like bouncing my system to be sure, but I believe that, even
with PCI, if you go into hardware setup when you bounce your computer
(<ctrl-d>?), you can go into the screen for PCI setup, and tell it manual,
and then choose a slot, and manually set it, telling PCI to *not* do anything
with that INT.

This will make sense, once you're in the menus.

        mark

---Mark Roth
   Yes, this is a solicitation for your $$$
   Unix/Linux systems administrator & software developer

   Affordable Linux technical support and training for the home user and
small business.  For more information, please contact me at:
        email <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        phone +1 773 274 2584