Title: Message
when I compile kernel, i find that the ntfs disc is read only.

writing to a ntfs disc in linux is dagerous.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 3:24 PM
Subject: howto write/read an NTFS disc via NFS

I recently reformatted some hard drives in NTFS on my windows pc. I restarted the NFS client after that, resharing the drives and setting permissions to read/write. Everybody has full control on the drive in the security settings. But when i mount the drive in my redhat 7.3 box i can only read trhe drive, not write.

1. Why can't i write to the disc. I'm currently working with a small fat drive to transfer data but would like to give my linux access to all data on the windows pc.

2. i would like to know how i can issue a login/pass in my NFS mounting so i can be a specific user on my windows PC to limit exposure on the drive to everybody.

thanks in advance for your help

greetz
Bjorn