ok, i got a couple computers behind a linksys cable router.  the way i setup
ntp is really simple.  on each computer, i set the step-ticker to
clock.via.net in /etc/ntp/step-tickers.  then i just had the service startup
at boot time by using redhat's setup utility.  my question is do i have to
open up ports on my firewall?  and if i open up a port, it will only work for
one of the computers behind the firewall.  can i configure ntp to use a
certain port?  i.e. computer A's ntp uses port 6001 and computer B's ntp uses
port 6002?  that way i can set my firewall to route certain ports to certain
computers.

hmm, now that i think about it.  if i can open up 1 port for ntp and config my
router to send packets on that port to all computers, that would work right?
since the packets should be the same for any computer since the time should
be the same for both computers?

thanks,
christopher