On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:

>       abusername      hard    nproc           2

This limit may need to be higher. Some quick poking around on my system
shows that a process limit lower than about 10-15 *above* the desired
amount will prevent things from running properly. I can't seem to find any
documentation as to why this is, though.

If I have 41 processes running, and I set a ulimit in a single xterm, any
value below 55 will prevent ls from running. If anyone can shed some light
into this behavior, I'd sure appreciate it.

In the meantime, you may want to just stick with the priority limit.

--
"Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again."

                               - Unknown