Hi,
I think that your problem is the following:
You have installed lilo when you had rh on the box and have not removed
it before you wiped the disk.  Lilo is now sitting on the bootsector of
the
drive.  You are suppose to be able to remove it with
fdisk /mbr
using the windows startup disk.
In my experience, this almost never works.  What i would suggest is that
you start up in rescue mode and run linux's fdisk.  Remove all partitions
and afterwords do a dd writing binary zeroes to the first 512 bytes of the
disk.  This will wipe the bootsector.
the command would be:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda bs=512 count=1
This is if the disk we are talking about is the first ide disk.
regards, Willem
ps.  You would get a lot more use from your old pentium running a custom
install of linux.

--
Willem van der Walt
Information Services Directorate