As newbie to newbie...

You could spend more time trying to figure that stuff out than it would take to do a reinstallation and letting the system configure as it goes. JMHO.
Usually default selections work Ok and will give you time to figure out how to tweak it later. You could set it up as a simple SVGA just to get it working. What do you have to loose?

Alex

Cassandra wrote:

Hi!
I am a new user to this group and I am a new user to Linux since yesterday. I have Redhat 7.3 and did install it yesterday. I chose to select to install everything and did wait to cinfigure the videocard until after the installation.
I typ: Xconfiguration at the prompt and tries to configure the card but it doesn't work. I have Cirrus Logic GD5422. The monitor is Fujitsu ICL ErgoPro 151p. Before I tried to configure it I tried to type: startx but it says no screens found so I guess it is the videocard?? I do find the card in the configurationprogram though. What I don't know is what to choose when I configure it manually. I don't know how much videomemory...resolution...hz...etc...
Can somebody help me?
Thanks Cassandra