On Tuesday 05 November 2002 05:43 am, Cassandra's voice rose above the
ones in my head and declared:

> Hi!
>
> I am a new user to this group and I am a new user to Linux since
> yesterday. I have Redhat 7.3 and did install it yesterday. I chose to
> select to install everything and did wait to cinfigure the videocard
> until after the installation.
>
> I typ: Xconfiguration at the prompt and tries to configure the card
> but it doesn't work. I have Cirrus Logic GD5422. The monitor is
> Fujitsu ICL ErgoPro 151p. Before I tried to configure it I tried to
> type: startx but it says no screens found so I guess it is the
> videocard?? I do find the card in the configurationprogram though.
> What I don't know is what to choose when I configure it manually. I
> don't know how much videomemory...resolution...hz...etc...
>
> Can somebody help me?
>
> Thanks Cassandra

You need to consult your monitor's documentation for the max.
resolution and refresh rates, etc.  Video memory is part the video card
and you should be able to find it in your video card documentation or
the manufacturers web site.

--Tom