> no,
>
> this was is not!

Hi Alex, I can't help you at this point, but would like to mention I have a
similar problem.

MD5SUMs all match and Linux MediaCheck was all OK as well.

However, my system actually loads some packages. It only ever gets to 46%
maximum (but this varies), then either freezes or re-sets.

Worse thing is, that system had 7.3 on it installed with no
problem....EVER....
I also have tried text and GUI modes.

I haven't had a chance to install it on a different PC yet, and this is the
FIRST time ever I've had problems installing RH, but something must be
different in the RH8.0 install to cause this. What, exactly, I have not
figured out. It's got me stumped it's actually doing it on the copy of
files. This seems very strange.

If you get any further, please inform me.

Regards,

---
Edward Dekkers (Director)
Triple D Computer Services P/L