It seems like I had a problem with RedHat7.3 and MySQL.
I couldn't use the RPM version, had to -e and download source from mysql.
I don't remember what the problem was though.
I did not have any problems after installing from source.

steve

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/11/02 01:08PM >>>
Hi Everyone,
        I've just upgraded to 'Psyche' RH8.0 and found two things that worry me.
Firstly: Where is the package manager GnoRPM seems to be missing so I don't seem to
have a GUI for RPM.
        Secondly and far  more troublesome MySQL as distributed with RH8.0 will not
allow ODBC connections.     This  is a major problem as
it is a database sever that I upgraded. I have done several searches on the web and
have as yet to find anything helpful.
        Is there a known problem with RH8.0 and MySQL.
        Is there also a known cure.
        What is this cure, I don't want to mess about with the base installation too
much (Like depreciating gclibs Etc.)

        The fault that I get is that as soon as I try to connect via ODBC to MySQL the
daemon hangs and is respawned. nothing so far has
worked.

        Finally, is the only cure to rebuilt the machine with RH7.2

        Sorry to be negative, and as I have been using RedHat for some years now
(Since RH6.0), I'm used to having to help myself, but
this time there is what I would consider to be a Major Fault in the distribution I've
tried to contact RedHat themselves but I
shouldn't have to take out a support contract just to solve one single application
problem, That's always assuming that they will
help on an application level.

        I really hope that I'm not just blowing smoke and that someone else can help
me.

Yours Hopefully

Fin.