From: Cohan, Sean [mailto:SCohan@;goSPS.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 6:11 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Partition/Setup Decisions

We are setting up a couple of Linux development boxes and we need some help
with how we should set up our partitioning.

Right now we are putting everything on one box.  In the future we way want
to split things up.

On the one box we have 6 18GB disks with a RAID controller.   We are
building a web app that will service around 400 users.  We're using JBoss
and Oracle 9i.

Our app is component based, and as such, each component has it's own DB.
Could have around 10 DBs.  There will only be a small amount of admin
accounts required.   There won't be a humongous amount of data, but there
will be a lot.  In addition, we will need to store docs on the box, but they
will be serviced via the web app (we don't think users will need separate OS
accounts.

Given this, what's a good ballpark strategy for setting up our partitions
for the app, app server, and DBs?  How should we best take advantage of the
RAID-controller.

Thanks.