On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Brad Ching wrote:
> Dear Yoink:
> First,thank you very much.
> I done it and find log record lot(/var/log/smbd.log).Then i try to create
> files and delete it.But i didn't find any log tell me that.Maybe i didn't
> find right?Pls tell me again where i can find it?
> By the way,i read "man smb.conf",but didn't search detailed readme for why
> we need set level=3?

Somebody else says samba doesn't log removed files, I thought loglevel 3
did that. I guess I was wrong. I would not set loglevel 10 :)

I'd suggest changing the permissions ("chown root;chmod 644 filename") so
that nobody can delete the files, or marking files read only.

I learned all smb.conf setting through swat, configure swat and you get
great help!

--
\ \/ / _       |~\  _ In God We Trust. All Others Pay Cash.
 >  < / \|\  /|+-< | |   "The world is a comedy to those that think,
/ /\ \\_/| \/ ||__)|_|    a tragedy to those who feel." - Horace Walpole