I picked up an old Intel JN440bx based server from ebay.  it arrived loaded
with WinNT and booted fine.  I put a CDROM on the box and fought a cd boot,
finally giving up and going on to Floppy boot.

I have installed reinstalled RH 7.2 from retail successfully, as lomg as I
want to boot from a floppy.  I tried all options, LILO, GRUB, MBR, sda1 and
only get a live system when booting from a floppy.  grr!

the scsi system is an adaptec 7880 reading as a 1000 array, 2 ibm drives and
an assortment of cdroms (one at a time)

We cannot seem to get past the boot from floppy point.

I googled, and noted others have had tsimilar  issues, but found no solutions.

Please help, Bill