You may have to install/deinstall some rpms and try different
things but you can get this to work.

I have the same environment.

I like CUPS I used the switch printer application to turn off LPR.
Then you need to do the restart.

I used samba to let my linux machine see the printer on
the NT machine.

I used samba troubleshooting routines to make progress.