Hi.

Yes I've enabled Rhost authentification and that helped a little.

I have opened port 22 in ipchains but when I run portscan it says its filtered.

I have applied ipchains -A input -s 0/0 -d 0/0 --destination-port 22 -p tcp -j ACCEPT

but it will not open and I get connection refused when I try to connect.

 Bret Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 06:59, linux power wrote:

> I get network error :connection refused when I try to login with ssh from remote host.
>
> I have opened the port 22 on the linux server, so I wonder if there is anything else to do.

First step on this sort of problem for me is ssh -v servername for
verbose messages. An awful lot depends on the server configuration.

Bret