upgrading to rh8 broke nfs and ssh:

1. I cannot mount nfs:
   I have two machines on my lan (using a linksys router).
   both have identical /etc/exports:

/ 192.168.1.*(rw,async,no_root_squash)

   and /etc/fstab:

the-other-host:/        /mnt/the-other-host     nfs     user,exec,intr,rw       0 0

   this setup worked with rh7.3 but now I get "permission denied".
   I have nfs-utils-1.0.1-2 installed.

2. ssh now requires a password to login:
   I have identical ~/.ssh/ on both machines (on local disks), and I
   use ssh-agent and with rh7 I was not asked password when I said
   "ssh the-other-host", but now ssh asks me for the password (and lets
   me in when I type the login password - not the ssh passphrase).
   I did not modify the stock /etc/ssh/sshd_config, and I suspect that
   there is a magic incantation that would work, but the man page only
   told me how to disable password auth - and although I am happy to do
   it, it does not help me to login without it.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my previous questions.

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat8 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>