On 16 Nov 2002, Sam Steingold wrote:
>> Hmm... add another line in your exports with the actual hostname/IP of the
>> client. It must not think that the other host is in that ip range.
>
> indeed the exact host name (or IP) does work.
> I don't understand why!

I'm not sure you can wildcard like that.

>> And BTW, exporting NFS like that is asking to get rooted. Absolutely
>> no security there.
>
> why?  it's behind a firewall.

Because host could just say "I am root" and there is nothing in that
setup which would even try to verify it. You can get away in that in your
case.

--
\ \/ / _       |~\  _ In God We Trust. All Others Pay Cash.
 >  < / \|\  /|+-< | |   "The world is a comedy to those that think,
/ /\ \\_/| \/ ||__)|_|    a tragedy to those who feel." - Horace Walpole